Grace De La Rosa is a colon cancer survivor and works tirelessly advocating for colon cancer related issues. She has always made her health and well-being one of the priorities in her life. A swimwear and fitness model, and fitness competitor, exercise and healthy eating have always been a part of her lifestyle, yet at age 38, she was diagnosed with stage 3c colon cancer.
What I Learned From Grace De La Rosa
- Know your body and don’t ignore the possible symptoms of colon cancer.
- You know your body. When you sense something has changed and is not right, let your doctor know.
- One person can make a difference.
- One person can make their voice heard.
- Grace has appeared on TV, in the newspaper and has made numerous speaking engagements, where she has shared her story. She was also instrumental in getting Florida Governor, Rick Scott, to declare Florida a “Blue State” in support of Colon Cancer Awareness Month.
Listen to Grace tell her story: